District at a Glance
One of the top districts in the state, the Bexley City School District is located in a suburban community just four miles east of downtown Columbus, Ohio. Bexley's neighborhood schools form the center of a stable, close knit community. Students benefit from the small class sizes that permit personal attention and foster academic excellence, with access to a rich variety of courses and extra-curricular programs. The district operates according to a guiding mission and strategic priorities that have been set by community stakeholders and approved by the Board of Education.
- Accredited by the internationally recognized AdvancED.
- Bexley High School ranked 158th of some 29,000 U.S. public high schools that "serve all students well," according to U.S. News and World Report in 2016; Bexley was the top-ranked school in central Ohio and the third in the state.
- Twenty-two Advanced Placement (AP) courses available at Bexley High School, an unusually high number for the size of the school; in 2016, a record number of 313 students (62 percent of those eligible) took a total of 663 AP exams.
- Nine members of the class of 2017 and 12 in the class of 2016 invited to participate in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Earned Moody’s Investor Service Aa2 rating, one of the highest ratings assigned any Ohio district.
- Cassingham Elementary and Bexley Middle School authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) world schools, the first of their kind in Ohio; each school with its own education best practice.
Total Enrollment - August 2016
|Bexley High School (grades 9 - 12)||732|
|Bexley Middle School (grades 7 - 8)||359|
|Cassingham Elementary School (grades K - 6)||483|
|Maryland Elementary School (grades K - 6)||366|
|Montrose Elementary School (grades K - 6)||420|
|Graduation rate (four years)||99.3%|
|College Matriculation rate (class of 2014)||93.0%|
|Black, Hispanic, Asian, Multiracial enrollment||16.9%|
|Teachers - full time equivalent||170.9|
|Average years of experience||13|
|Teachers with at least a Master’s Degree||86.3%|
|Average teacher's salary||$74.988|
|General Fund Budget (2015 - 2016)||$34.57 M|
|Per Pupil Expenditure +||$15,929|
|Total Expenditure for Classroom Instruction*||71.5%|
|General Fund Receipts|
|Property Taxes||$17.7 M|
|State Foundation/Rollback||$ 6.9 M|
|Income tax||$ 7.2 M|
|Earnings on Investments/Miscellaneous||$ 0.5 M|
|College Admissions Test Results|
|Bexley student scores compared with Ohio statewide averages:|
SAT Critical Reading
|ACT average composite score||25.9 (22)|
|Characteristics of the Community|
|Population of Bexley||
|Number of households||4,705|
|Median income based on federal
income tax returns*
*Ohio Department of Taxation, 2013
+ Ohio Department of Education 2016